Re: Several modems won't work

"Saltermark, Atle" wrote:

> I use Hylafax with Suse Linux 6.2 and I use 2 USR Robotic modems.
> I just want to send fax ( send-only enviroment ) and I run faxmodem
>         /usr/sbin/faxmodem ttyS0
>         /usr/sbin/faxmodem ttyS2
> Everything works fine with only one modem (both ttyS0 / ttyS2 when I only
> use one modem).
> But when I try to use both modems only ttyS0 send faxes.
> Why?
> Have anybody tryed 2 or more modems with Successes?
> Any tips?
>
> atle.saltermark@brreg.no
Davs Atle,

try to send a fax with the -h option form sendfax:
sendfax -h ttyS2@faxserver -d 12345 file.ps

when u have added both modems with faxaddmodem the scheduler takes care
about
which modem to use.
If you send 2 faxes to the same destination as a test the scheduler
recogizes that
both numbers are the same.

try the -h option from sendfax and your fax will be send.

I run 6 modems with 1 server, no problems at all

have a nice day

hilsner fra tyskland
/Matthias

--
HAGOS eG                 phone: +49 711 7880592
Matthias Reich             fax: +49 711 7880599