Re: hylafax.4.1Beta2 on Suse Linux 6.4

On Tue, May 09, Gerry Doris wrote:

> Carsten, I'm interested in your second alternative ie. use sendfax from
> series n.

1. This is not _my_ alternative, because for me, there's no
   alternative to hylafax on Linux. It's just a suggestion of the
   author of this article and that's not me.
2. sendfax is the fax part of mgetty+sendfax

> I had a nice working system running 6.3.  Unfortunately, upgrading to 6.4
> broke both sendfax and susefax (Hylafax is running on a separate 6.3
> server).

If you mean sendfax from mgetty+sendfax, so I don't know about a
problem with it. If you mean sendfax from hylafax, please try to
download the hylafax version pointed out in the article and downgrade
to the old tiff libraries.

I can't realy imagine, why susefax does not work anymore, because it
has nothing to do with this problem and we are using it here and at
customers with SuSE Linux 6.4 without problems. Do you have a more
detailed problem description?

> I've had a ticket openned with SuSE since 4/22 and have just received a
> reply saying that sendfax and susefax doesn't work in 6.4.  Do you have
> a working sendfax in 6.4????

Oh, that's not very good... :-(
I'll try to find out what happens.

--
mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Carsten Hoeger  - SuSE Professional Services -

SuSE GmbH,   Schanzaeckerstr. 10,      90443 Nuernberg, Germany
Tel: +49-911-7405356 Mo-Fr 09-17.00,       Fax: +49-911-3206727
http://www.suse.de/de/support/prof/index.html