Re: html to Postscript.....

On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 06:15:37AM +0200, Peter Stamfest wrote:
> On Sun, 7 May 2000, Brendin Emslie wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have used html2ps and htmldoc to convert HTML to Postscript.  html2ps
> > works better thatn htmldoc but neither work as good as loading the page in
> > netscape and saving it as postscript.  Is it possible to save an html file
> > as a postscript file using netscape on the command line?  Can anyone suggest
>
> http://home.netscape.com/newsref/std/x-remote.html
>
> But last time I checked, you needed to have netscape running in
> interactive mode. The -remote commandline switch wants to contact an
> already running netscape.
Well, one could write a queue system, that would reuse one netscape instance.
Additionally the Framebuffer X server might be a nice idea.
One problem with this that I see is, that you cannot be sure when the page is
really loaded. (Perhaps I've overlooked something.) One way to monitor this
might be writing a monitoring proxy server, so you can monitor if netscape is
still activly loading something.

> > better html to postscript conversion programs?  What is a good postscript
> > WYSIWYG editor?
There ain't any. Postscript (in general) is not meant as a document format.

Andreas
--
Andreas Kostyrka                     | andreas@mtg.co.at
phone: +43/1/7070750                 | phone: +43/676/4091256