Re: Can not reach server at host "localhost", port 4559.

On Thu, 4 May 2000, Marina Daniels wrote:

> Tim:
> "null" and "tcp" exist but I don't have "socksys" - are you sure I need this on solaris?
> If so, can you do an "ls -l" of it, so I can see the major,minor numbers I need to create it? Ta

I don't have access to a solaris machine.
I was looking at one of my UnixWare machines.
Opps, I was thinking they were setup when faxsetup was run but it turns
out that hfaxd creates them if needed on startup before doing a chroot.
So if socksys isn't there hfaxd doesn't need it on solaris.

--
Tim Rice				Multitalents	(707) 874-1130
tim@trr.metro.net