Hylafax error: can not reach server

Hi,

I have just installed Hylafax-4.0.2 on a FreeBSD4 machine. I get the
following when trying to send a fax "can not reach server at host
"localhost", port 4559. Any ideas where to start? I ran faxaddmodem and
faxsetup. And then ran faxmodem. I tried using faxgetty also but same
thing. I also tried setting FAXSERVER to main.hellerkin.local which is
my host name on private network. Still same except prints
"main.hellerkin.local",port 4559

Thanks

Dave