Re: Attachment not going through in Email

Charles Roy schrieb:

> Hi,
> Ok, I'm stumped by this one.  I have Redhat 6.1 installed with nearly all
> RPM updates installed.  (I know not to install the LIBTIFF updates.)
>
> Now, I have HylaFAX 4.1beta1 installed on the machine.  It can send FAXes
> just fine itself and from other workstations in the local network.  The
> machine call also receive faxes just fine... to a point.  The system
> generates the TIFF files, and I can open them manually and they view just
> fine.  (Both on the server and on the local NT and 98 boxes... after copying
> them to another location shared by the Samba server.)
>
> The only strange thing is, I have set the FAXRCVD files to forward all
> incoming FAXes to address@company.com  The Email gets through fine saying a
> FAX has been received and all the required information.  The only thing
> is... HylaFAX is not sending an attachment of the FAX to the Email
> recipient.  I have used the base FAXRVD file.  I even transfered the FAXRCVD
> file from a production HylaFAX server that forwards the FAXes successfully
> as TIFF files. And that file would not work either.
>
> Now, any hints or ideas as to what is happening?  I must emphasize that I
> have not modified the FAXRCVD script outside of changing the recipient name
> to forward the Email to.  I'm stumped and VERY frustrated!!  Arghhh to put
> it mildly.  Any suggestions or ideas on where to look?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -- Charles

Hello Charles

Taken from the hylafax mailing archiv (orginal from
<simon@malbo.demon.co.uk> dated 24 Feb. 2000)

> I edited my faxrcvd file to read :
>
>          echo ""
>          echo "--$MIMEBOUNDARY"
>          echo "Content-Type: image/tiff; name=$FILE"
>          echo "Content-Description: FAX document"
>          echo "Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64"
>          echo ""
>          /usr/bin/mmencode $FILE 2>/dev/null
>          echo ""
>          echo "--$MIMEBOUNDARY--"

Next you have to set the "SENDTO=" to a valid e-mail adress or use the
etc/FaxDispatch file to forward the fax to different accounts. Be sure
that "mmencode" could be found at the specified path.

Hope it helps

Andreas