problems getting the latest HylaFax 4.0 pl2 to compile under Linux Redhat
6.1

The C++ code in the utils/ directory has a number of errors.

#1.  Line 79-80
The statement:
          execResult = regexec(&c_pattern, text, c_pattern.re_nsub+1,
matches, REG_STARTEND);

FAILS because REG_STARTEND is NOT defined in regex.h for my system.  The man
pages do not describe this modifier.  I assume this modifier is the same as:

            execResult = regexec(&c_pattern, text, c_pattern.re_nsub+1,
matches, REG_NOTBOL|REG_NOTEOL);

This is what I replaced it as.  I assume this will cause no problems, but
I'm not sure.

#2.  Dispatcher.c++

In a number of places, there is a reference to an array value called
'fds_bits'.  It apparently is used to store FD bit settings.  I have grepped
the complete source for HylaFax and no where can I find a definition of this
array.

At this point, I give up. I can't believe that this code is so bad that I
have to mess with things like this when it appears you took time to create
configure scripts and everything.  What am I missing?  Talk about writing
unportable code.

Please email me any responses.

Thanks.

-Jeff Bakke