Re: no receipt, hylafax 4.0pl2. linux 2.0.36, SuSE 6.0. 2864id

Michael Gens wrote:

> Hello!
>
> My hylafx is able to send faxes but it does not receive one
> (or more);) with modem zyxel elite 2864id.
>
> Entries in /etc/inittab are
>
> # modem getty.
> # mo:23:respawn:/usr/sbin/mgetty -s 38400 modem
> # fax getty (hylafax)
> mo:23:respawn:/usr/lib/fax/faxgetty /dev/modem
>
> faxstat -srv shows that connection to localhost is established
>
> file /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts has owner:group uucp:uucp and 0600.
>
> At setup, question
> ... there is no entry for the hylafax service in /etc/inetd.conf.
> Should an entry be added to to /etc/inetd.conf: my answer was NO.
> So there is no entry  hylafax stream tcp ...
>
> A telnet localhost 4559 works (trying, connected, ...).
>
> File /var/spool/fax/log has only entries of last successful fax
> sending.
>
> In /var/lock is only one subdir named subsys (root:root) with no
> content (empty).
>
> faxstat -v looks same (with local differences) like described in
> Troubleshooting Hylafax Problems of hylafax.org.
> The same counts on telnet <user> 5449. But a clear difference
> I found at line with content:
> Server FIFO is /client/25133
> here is the number only 224. What ever that means?
>
> But two things I have noticed:
>
> 1) In /var/log/messages was an entry among the send entries:
> ...FaxGetty []: ANSWER: Can not lock modem device
>
> 2) After a reboot following messages where shown on monitor
>
> Starting service Hylafax   o.k.
> FIFO open: Device not configured
>
> May be there is a connection with following files?:
> /var/spool/fax/FIFO respectively FIFO.modem. Both of them have
> 0 length and rights, owner, group are prw- - - uucp uucp.
>
> Hint: While I am trying all of above described modem is exclusively
> reserved for hylafx application.

Hi,

have you proably forgot a "faxaddmodem ttyS??" also i woudn't
recommend using /dev/modem. Check the appropriate threads
on this mailing list about this topics. Probably
you will find there a solution too.

Uli
--
Ulrich Eckhardt                         Tr@nscom