Re: RE: WHFC and cover page

> %!PS-Adobe-2.0 EPSF-2.0
                 ^^^^
This concerns me, but isn't the problem.

> %%Creator: WHFC
> %%Page 1 +1
> /wordbreak ( ) def
> /BreakIntoLines

This belongs in Prolog, not the Page, but again not the problem.

> { /proc exch def
>   /linewidth exch def
>   /textstring exch def

> %!PS-Adobe-2.0 EPSF-2.0

This is a malformed EPS inclusion, again not the problem.

> rule stringwidth pop 29 x y comments BreakIntoLines

BreakIntoLines is expecting linewidth and proc parameters after the
comments!   This is the problem.  (I think the parameters are in
the wrong (mixed) order; postscript is a reverse Polish language.)

> grestore
> grestore
> showpage

Both EPS files should be closed out here.  Not the problem.

This pays total disregard to the Document Structure Comments rules and,
in particular, to those for encapsulated postscript, but the postscript
interpreter should ignore the comments.  The real problem is that
incorrect parameters are being passed to BreakIntoLines, resulting in
its trying to search a number for a string.