Re: HylaFax or WHFC issue?

Robert Davidson wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm new to HylaFax and the idea of a networkable fax machine (so to speak),
> I have got most things running fine, but I have one issue that I'm finding
> pretty tricky to solve.
>
> In WHFC on a Win95 box, I can send faxes and so on, but I can not look at
> faxes that come into the HylaFax server.  There isn't any useful error info
> in the log files either.  I've checked the permissions, I've also set
> "RecvFileMode: 0644"  -- in /etc/hylafax/config and config.ttyS0, so I dont
> see how it can be a permission problem.
> What happens is I load WHFC, click on the "R" icon up the top, and then I
> can select a fax, so I do that, then I press the "View Fax" button, it will
> open tiffview, but there wont be any image of a fax there, jut a blank white
> box where the fax should be.

Hi,

is the command line correct which you have entered in the System
Settings
of WHFC ? Please check this command line via the Windows DOS-prompt.

See also the WHFC docu and installation instructions.

> Just as an experiment I set up Samba on the Linux box and shared the
> /var/spool/fax/recvq directory, and then used tiffview to look at the
> fax file, which it did, and it displayed the fax.  That lead to another
> issue though, which was when I went to print, it came up with an Illigal
> Operation.  Help!!

This is a problem of tiffview. Please contact the author of tiffview.

Uli

--
Ulrich Eckhardt                         Tr@nscom
http://people.frankfurt.netsurf.de/uli  http://www.transcom.de