Problems with textfmt on SuSE Linux 6.4

Hi,

the textfmt programm of hylafax does not work on soon shipping SuSE
Linux 6.4. All attemps to send an ascii file with sendfax will end in
faxq eating up all cpu load and nothing is sent. Because of very
little time and big stress, we decided to do not put hylafax on
6.4. At the moment of mastering we had no solution, we even did not
know where the problem was.

To give a quick solution, I made a typerules file, that does not use
textfmt, but an a2ps wrapper, that converts ascii to ps. I attached
both, the typerules file and the a2pswrap shellscript to this
mail. It's only a quick hack, but it seems to work best.

P.S.: SuSE Linux 6.4 is based on glibc 2.1.3.
      Compiler gcc 2.95.2
      Ghostscript 5.50
      libtiff-3.5.4
      libjpeg-6.2.0

Maybe somebody there are already known problems?

I am very sorry, that I was not able to provide this solution in time.

--
mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Carsten Hoeger  - SuSE Professional Services -

SuSE GmbH,   Schanzaeckerstr. 10,      90443 Nuernberg, Germany
Tel: +49-911-7405356 Mo-Fr 09-17.00,       Fax: +49-911-3206727
http://www.suse.de/de/support/prof/index.html