Can config.ttyS1 be reread?

Hello,
	when I want to receive a fax, I edit the file
/var/spool/fax/etc/config.ttyS1 and change my
RingsBeforeAnswer:      12
RingsBeforeAnswer:      1

	then I restart processes via the init command to get HylaFax to reread
the config files.

	Is there some other way to get HylaFax to reread the
/var/spool/fax/etc/config.ttyS1 file with out restarting processes?

	What I would really like to do is
create two files
/var/spool/fax/etc/config.1ring
/var/spool/fax/etc/config.12rings

and then create two scripts.  One copying the config.1ring file to config.ttyS1
to turn on my fax receive.  The other copying the config.12rings
file to config.ttyS1 to turn off fax receive.  Then I could put buttons
on my KDE (GUI) desktop, and just click on them to turn my fax receive off and
on.  Cool.  But the getting HylaFax to reread the config.ttyS1 file is a
sticking point.  Any ideas?

Thanks
George