Re: Voice announcement for outgoing faxes (was: How can this be?)

David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk> writes:

> > 3. Plays an announcing message to the line (say, "fax, please" )
>
> Any such message should assume that the call has been received by
> an 80 widow who doesn't know what a fax machine is.  It needs to
> explain exactly what the call is about and exactly who to contact
> to have future attempts stopped.

We can allow the only voice announced attempt to transmit a fax. (Currently
hylafax behaves so by default with NoCarrierRetrys=1 ). In case of a wrong
number it should not be much more annoying for "80 years old widow" than
fax CNG tones.

> The main reason, I suspect, for aborting in this case is the
> possibility of a completely wrong number.

I am afraid, not. I explained why in my previous message. It's Russia...

> Mystery repeating calls can be very frightening.

Again, we will not repeat them. Just one attempt after remote goes
off-hook and answer. And what about the technical issues?

Hope to hear from you soon,
Dmitry