Re: Hylafax and FreeBSD Ports

> September 1998. Instead of marking Hylafax bad it would obviously be a
> better approach to upgrade the port to 4.1beta2.

I disagree.  Going to a beta version should never be the preferred solution
for security fixes.  Whether or not beta is a misnomer for some operating
systems, it is not for the BSD team to make decisions on changing
the release status of software.

Even Microsoft don't tell you to wait for the next version when there
is a critical security fix.