Re: Debugging advice please

David,

Thanks - I was using the command line ftp.  I did have a problem with
permissions but solved that.  So, more accurately, I get different results
from hfaxd depending on whether I use:

- command line ftp
- Netscape
- the KDE mail client

I cannot retrieve files from the received fax folder.

I have pointed the various clients at other files within the Hylafax
directory structure. Sometimes you strike lucky and a file is retrievable.
There appears, at my level of knowledge, to be no difference in ownership or
permissions between a file that will retrieve and one that won't

Netscape also uniquely sometimes returns a listing of file permissions
instead of the directory contents.

This is all very mystifying - hence my need for more advice and the interest
in digging into the code.

  Iain