Re: reset command is wrong !!

      It's free, what are you complaining about?! Go buy a package an run it on NT if you
don't want to troubleshoot problems. Then again.. your odds are alot better on NT of
having problems that no one can troubleshoot right off the bat.

     Plus.. how many modem vendors are out there? How many models have they produced?
How many times have they changed the firmware on the modems? You can't really expect to
tweak GNU software to support them all 100% bug free.

     Try using an external modem of a decent brand. I've used Boca for many years and had nothing
but problems from their chips. USR (now 3COM) and Hayes are the two I use.

     Geez.. I'm paying over $700/year just for support on a office package with faxing(from a required
14.4K [9600fax] "communications device"). I can't use my own modems!! I think HylaFax is
an awsome alternative. Just a little tweaking to do.

     Anyway.. you are correct about ATZ. *MOST* modems will ignore any commands after ATZ, so
ATZ should be used by itself. Some modems don't like ATZ tagged to commands. I had an off-brand
modem that would hang if you told it to ATZ<command>. Then again, I had a couple modems that
would take ATZ<command> and execute everything after Z. I guess the inital development of
faxsend was done on a modem that would accept ATZ<command>. This isn't really a severe bug, it's
a hardware requirement of the software(which has been overlooked or just not documented). I've found
no major problems with HylaFax yet.

         Ryengoth