Re: Attachments in proprietary formats (i.e. Word)

On Sun, Feb 06, 2000 at 02:23:20AM +0100, Wout Mertens wrote:
> > I don't understand what you're having trouble with here.
> >
> > I use WHFC and after registering it I have what *looks like* a Windows
> > system printer.  You print to it, WHFC's dialog box (for the destination)
> > comes up.  Put in the fax number, hit "OK", and off it goes.
> >
> > This works from ALL applications.  You just install a LaserWriter II as the
> > "printer driver" (Postscript) and then connect it to the WHFC "port" that
> > gets registered.
>
> Very correct, but it does not allow you to include attachments. Which is
> what we really need to do. It is also not possible to merge faxes to the
> same number together in one call, since that is not supported by Hylafax
> (yet). It is also not possible to print all the documents to one output,
> since word doesn't let you :(.
>
> Wout.

Uh, the attachments is probably true.

However, Hylafax most certainly can merge faxes in one call.  If you specify
more than one file to be sent, it will be, all in one call. I KNOW this
works properly because my petition fax service (at the below web site)
uses it programmatically if there are multiple signatures on a given
petition when the transmission is scheduled.

Nor is this new - I used to use this feature when I ran an ISP to queue
faxed documents to people from our customer service desk.

What are you trying to print to one document that word fails to permit?
Can you be specific?

I'd like to look into that - I suspect you're wrong but I might be instead
;-)

Karl Denninger (karl@denninger.net)  Web: http://childrens-justice.org
Isn't it time we started putting KIDS first?  See the above URL for
a plan to do exactly that!