dialing in / faxing out

I have an OS/2 system that has been used for years to answer
calls for a bbs, and send out fax'es on the modems when they are
not being used for incoming bbs calls.

I'd like to retire the OS/2 box and use linux.  I was all set to use
mgetty+sendfax (answering calls for ppp connections, sending
fax'es on unused modems), but now I see that mgetty-dialup and
sendfax are mutually exclusive.

I've looked through the Hylafax FAQ but it's still not clear.  Can Hylafax
be used in a situation like this?

---