Server do not start

OS: IBM AIX 3.2.5
HYLAFAX: binary v4.0pl2

I have executed the setup without problems, except I have to create the
user "fax" manually (id=5;group id=5).
I tried to start server , from root, with these commands I copied from
instalation instructions for AIX:

num_faxd=`ps -ef | grep faxq | wc -l`
if [ $num_faxd -eq 1 ]; then
    /usr/local/sbin/faxq > /dev/console 2>&1 # start fax
fi

num_hfaxd=`ps -ef | grep hfaxd | wc -l`
if [ $num_hfaxd -eq 1 ]; then
   /usr/local/sbin/hfaxd -i hylafax -o fax > /dev/console 2>&1
fi

No error occurs, there is no mail to root, there is nothing in log files
but the daemons are not running.

I thank you for any help.

Joao Granado