Can't get past faxsetup

Hi,

I am running RedHat Linux 6.0, gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux
(egcs-1.1.2 release), and hylafax-4.1beta2.  I am using the beta
because I could not get the latest stable version to compile, even
after (attempting) to apply the patches.  Anyway . . .

I get the following error during execution of
/usr/local/sbin/faxsetup:

"FATAL ERROR: -t does not exist or is not an executable program!

The file:

    -t

does not exist or this file is not an executable program.  The HylaFAX
software expects this program to exist and be in this location.  If
the
program resides in a different location then you must either
reconfigure
and rebuild HylaFAX or override the default pathnames in the
distributed
software through one of the HylaFAX configuration files (consult the
HylaFAX documentation)."

I have looked at faxsetup and it appears that this error is being
generated by subroutine appMisConfigured after looping through tests
for CAT, CHGRP, CHMOD, etc.  There are other checks that call this
subroutine that I don't understand.  I am a novice.

By the way, I edited faxsetup up to reflect the true (RedHat) path to
gawk.

Thanks for any help,

Geoff