Still in trouble - dud modem & bugs!

Hi list,

I've made some progress with getting HylaFax running under linux on a Power Mac 9600/200 using the latest beta.  I'm now pretty much convinced that the USR 56K Voice Faxmodem is not the device to use!  However, the current list of modems that are known to work with Hylafax is a little light - particularly for people based in the UK (maybe other places) where eg Zyxel doesn't seem to offer a full range.  I could choose Multitech but it seems that some of their products aren't that good either.  More suggestions of what might work in the UK would be helpful.

I have come to the conclusion that "faxstat -v" doesn't work - on the basis that the other faxstat options do the right things.

I have also found that faxspool and faxrunq fail.  Specifically, one can submit jobs with faxspool but when faxrunq is started, it issues an incorrect command to sendfax ie it issues "sendfax 0123456 testfax" when it should issue "sendfax -d 0123456 testfax".  Sendfax fails since it can't understand the command line.

  Iain Stevenson