Trouble with faxq

Hi there,

I'm new to HylaFAX and have trouble to get it to work.

I compiled hylafax-v4.0pl2 on a 64-Meg-RAM Linux Box with Kernel 2.0.38 and libc 5.4.44/libg++ 27.2.1 using an Elsa 28.8TQV Modem.
I changed the pathes a bit to isolate this thingie under /usr/local/hylafax.

At first I had to eleminate the nasty REGEX_STARTEND thingie for which I found excellent solutions in the mailinglist archives.

When I try to start the scheduler, it starts and silently quits. I attached the end of a strace-output from "faxq -D" so one can see what is happening:

sigaction(SIGPIPE, {SIG_IGN}, {SIG_DFL}) = 0
sigaction(SIGTERM, {0x8054e80, [], SA_INTERRUPT|SA_NOMASK|SA_ONESHOT}, {SIG_DFL}) = 0
sigaction(SIGINT, {0x8054e80, [], SA_INTERRUPT|SA_NOMASK|SA_ONESHOT}, {SIG_DFL}) = 0
stat("etc/config", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=171, ...}) = 0
write(2, "Virtual memory exceeded in `new\'"..., 34Virtual memory exceeded in `new'^@) = 34
_exit(-1)                               = ?

Giving the spooldir as parameter with -q doesn't change anything. Unfortunately I cannot easily isolate what's going wrong, 'cause I cannot figure out how etc/config is called internal in the code.

hfaxd and faxgetty are running successfully.

Has anyone ever encountered the same problem? Has anyone an idea how to isolate the code which leads to this?

:wq! PoC