Re: Can not send fax.

Evert Carton wrote:
[snip]
> Dear Ertan,
>
> Country code 90 ? That must be Turkey, I presume.

Hi Evert,

You're right. I'm from Turkey.

> Try changing the parameter DialStringRules to etc/dialrules.europe in your
> /var/spool/fax/etc/config.ttyS0-file.

Thank you for your hint. It worked. I have a question about
etc/dialrules file. Which countries should it be used?

> The modem seems to dial the number but reports a 'no answer' ?

Yes, my modem dials out normally, but reports a 'no answer'.

> Look for ATDT4250459 in your logfile.
>
> Have you checked the number ? Is 4250459 the number as it should be dialed from your location

It is correct number. I test my configuration and new software with my
friends. They say, 'you call us, but we do not receive any fax.'

> ? Or does it need a leading zero, in order to obtain an 'ouside' phoneline ?

No.

> Did you check the number with a regular phone ? Do you have a faxmachine answering the call ?

There is a machine answering my call. I can here its voices.

> Try to figure that out.
>
> Regards.
> Evert Carton
> Hyperion Software

I'm thinking to write HylaFAX setup manual in Turkish. That manual will
cover both RPM installation on Red Hat 6.0 and compilation based
installation on Slackware 4.0 and FreeBSD 3.2. Also I want to include my
own hints, ideas.

I want this manual for Turkish people as a 'full'. I mean one can setup
HylaFAX without need to another manual. Because, I see a lot of mail
about HylaFAX setup. Most I believe do not know enough English to get
help.

Thank you again for your hint.

--
Ertan Kucukoglu