Re: Will 4.1b3 or 4.1 solve "no response to MPS"?

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999 08:09:20 +0100 (BST), hai scritto:

>> >You don't know when to start sending unless you get that response!
>> I meant that when hylafax starts asking for an MPS response it should go
>> straight on instead. So the "when" is when hylafax is waiting for the
>> MPS.
>
>That will break with all properly operating fax machines, as they
>will be expecting a low speed (V.21) MPS and you will be sending
>high speed (V.29 etc.) fax image data.  (V.21 is 300 bps, V.29 is
>9600 bps.)

I thought that:
1) properly functioning fax machines will answer hylafax requests and
say something like "resend me the page"
2) mal-functioning machines don't answers hylafax confirmation requests
at all.

So hylafax should go on only in case 2, not breaking functioning
machines.

Is this possible?

--
giulioo@tiscalinet.it