Use of USB modems

Finally got Hylafax running on a Dell workstation with Linux 6.0.  My
MultiTech modem is currently connected to one of the two serial ports on
the system.

I'm going to use this system to fax out reports to multiple sites
throughout the day, so I'm thinking of connecting several fax modems to
speed the process.

My Dell has a USB port.   Will a USB modem work with Hylafax under Linux
6.0?  Or should I stay with analog modems on the two serial ports for now?

Willis Gregory
tacedi@series2000.com