USR handshaking issues

>> I recently set up HylaFAX 4.1beta1 on RedHat 6.0 using the RPMs. After all
>> the reading, and finally getting my modem (A USRobotics Sportster v.90) to
>> handshake properly with a Panasonic KX-F700 fax machine, I have one last
>> problem left. HylaFAX keeps on resending the fax (test fax, a single one).
>> The output is okay naman, but I guess for the computer it's not enough.

Could you please tell me what you did that enabled your USR Sportster to
handshake with the Panasonic fax machine?

I have hylafax 4.0pl2 installed on a Slakware 4.0 box (kernel 2.2.12) I am
using a USR sportster 33.6 (external) with firmware rev 1.1 -- the error I
get is "Unspecified transmit phase B error" listening to the modem when it
dials, I can hear the fax machine pick up and start the handshaking
process but once it finishes the USR drops carrier immediatly.

The fax machine on the recieving end is a Panasonic kx-p105

Thank you for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Chris