Re: R: Documentation for hfaxd client-server protocol

On Tue, Oct 05, 1999 at 02:21:45PM +0200, Stefano Giro wrote:
> > > I would send fax using directly the hfaxd client server protocol through
> an ftp access on port 4559....
> > > Where found good documentation for commands (or one example) JNEW, STOR,
> STOT, STOU, JNEW, JPARM ....  ?????
> > > Then man page of hfaxd is very poor...
> > As far as I'm aware there's very little if any documentation. Unless
> > someone else can say otherwise, you're probably best off reading the
> > source of an existing client.
> My goal is a free Delphi component THylaFAX for interact with HylaFAX
> server.
> I have already read the source of HylaFAX Linux client (sendfax), and i
> understand this :
> 425 Cannot build data connection: Connection refused.
>  Why ?????
> P.S.
> I obtain the same error with LIST command !!!!
> >list
> >425 Cannot build data connection: Connection refused.
> Porca trotta !!! (Italian imprecation :))

I'm not familiar with the protocol but I _think_ it's attempting to
connect to a port you (the client) should be listening on, via prior
agreement, you're not listening there, and the connection is
failing. This however is a guess, based on vague memories of the ftp
protocol and nothing else.