Re: HylaFAX with Elsa Micro Link 56k

On Sun, 29 Aug 1999, Christoph Baldauf wrote:

> Can someone help me? I always get this message, and don't know what to
> do:
>
> "There was no response from the modem. Perhaps the modem is turned off
> or the cable between the modem
> and host is not connected..."
>
> To get a line I have to dial a 0.

Turn on the sound on the modem to listen to what happens, and make
sure that your "dialrules" files is set up to handle extensions (there
are several dialrules variants at the ftp://ftp.hylafax.org website).

			Nico Kadel-Garcia
			Senior Engineer, CIRL
			Mass. Eye and Ear Infirmary
			raoul@cirl.meei.harvard.edu