Re: problems

> > Looks to me as though there was an empty document.
> There is a document and it is not empty.

> totpages:0
              totpages        integer    total pages to transmit

No there isn't.  My guess is that hylafax has an incorrect ghostscript
configuration, or ghostscript is timing out, and you have omitted the
relevant error messages.

Is your postscript file proper postscript, or does it have a PCL/PJL
command in front, to put the printer into postscript mode;  ghostscript
will skip this, but hylafax will not.