Re: command-line HylaFAX client for DOS or NT?

Carl Patten wrote:

> The goal is to have text/postscript files generated on my Windows NT 4.0
> Terminal Server Edition box be faxed automatically from HylaFAX running on
> my SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 box.  I've tried using WHFC, OLE, and a Perl script
> running on the NT box using the "at" scheduler service.

Who (or what) convinced a SCO user to look at (or be insulted by) NT
Terminal Slaver

> The problem is that I've found WHFC has far too many issues
> (registry/permissions/crashes) with Terminal Server to be run automatically.
> All I need is a tiny NT or DOS command-line client to send fax files to the
> HylaFAX server.  Does such a beast exist?  Could I compile something using
> existing source as a base?

Good luck! I would think that PERL should handle it, but remember you
are in a "bastardized" environment, where you are running a networkable
(slow) windows workstation - which would like to use netbui, but can be
forced to think TCPIP - that is being handicapped by running an
overgrown terminal emulator/pcanywhere/NT-Term-client.

What should be a local client is NOT !?

> Thanks for any help.  I've fought this for two months and am at my wit's
> end.

No charge for my thoughts and biases.

Keith