Re: sendfax and faxcover

Tim Rice wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, Jim Dossey wrote:
>
> > Maybe this has been covered before.  If so, please direct me to the
> > appropriate FAQ or mail archive.  My question has to do with sendfax and
> > faxcover.  Not all of the arguments to sendfax seem to make it to
> > faxcover.  In particular, the -x <to-company>, -r <reguarding>, and -c
> > <comments> don't seem to appear on the cover sheet when they are passed
> > to sendfax.  I can run faxcover with these arguments and they work
> > okay.  This is using Hylafax 4.1b1 on a Unixware 7.1 system.
> >
> So what sendfax command line did you use?
>
> Tip: command line arguments on HylaFAX are position dependent.

Ahhhh....
That's the problem.

I have another question.  Is there a way to get sendfax to send only the
cover page?  Sometime we only need to send a cover page and nothing
else.  If you don't give sendfax a filename, it tries to read one from
stdin.  If you don't give it a valid filename, it complains.

For now I am using faxcover to generate the cover page, and then pass
that file to sendfax.

Jim Dossey                                       mailto:jfd@mercury.net