Re: problems sending a fax using sendfax!!! plz help

>   im trying to send a fax using this command line : sendfax -n -d
> 0725782409 /etc/passwd
>
> and on my /var/log/messages i have this error:

There is one error message and no modem dialogue; please supply the
session log with the full dialogue.

> Aug  3 20:07:38 server FaxSend[13436]: SEND FAILED: No local dialtone
>
> any1 has a tip to fix this error ??? i dunno much about modems so im very
> in trouble !

Find someone local who does understand modems, then plug a phone into
the line and make sure that there really is a dial tone, and then use a
terminal emulator to manually make a call through the modem, to make sure
it is working.  Try varying the ATX level and inserting delay characters
into the dial string until you get a successful call.

If the line is good, but there really is no recognisable dial tone,
Rockwell modems probably need X1.  The pause code is , - there are
several possible places to insert it into the configuration files.

I don't know who "any1" is, so I can't answer that part of the question;
do they have a web site; was "does" the implied verb?  If you are writing
in a foreign language, it is much safer to write it with over correct
grammar and vocabulary, and with no missing words, than to write in
the style of a 15 year native speaker, writing for other 15 year old
native speakers.