Re: help! can't faxalter or faxrm! permission denied!

> JID  Pri S  Owner Number       Pages Dials     TTS Status
> 30   118 S    bin 96828560      0:1   9:12   08:59 No local dialtone
                ^^^
This is still wrong, I think.

Please raise a bug report on your operating system supplier; there is
a known problem with Linux and sendmail in that early versions, at least,
of sendmail default to a particular user number as their safe user.  On
nearly all real Unix systems, this number corresponds to daemon, but on
Slackware, and probably other Linux systems, it corresponds to bin.  This
is dangerous and it is important that the correct value is explicitly set
in the configuration files.

> In the basic setup root cannot faxrm jobs from the queue. Where do you
> set the admin password? I can't find it specified anywhere?

-a option on faxrm and in the /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts file, or at least
that is what the man pages say.