Re: the best modem fax for hylafax?

On Wed, Jun 09, 1999 at 12:54:08PM +0200, macolori@tin.it wrote:
> I'm searching for the best modem-fax for hylafax,
> I see on the site of hyylafax organization that zyxel are good.
> But vendors tolds me that are going out of production..
> are this right?

I hadn't heard that Zyxel was going out of production, but it is
possible.  If I had to pick one modem to laud, based on reports, I'd
say it would have to be the MultiTech ZDX series.  The 2834 and 5634
are both Class 2 (now), approved in slightly more countries than actually
exist, and have technical support staffers with installed clues.

And they're not that expensive.

Get an external.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592