Re: libjpeg.so.6?

> I installed  hylafax-4.0pl2-3rh5.i386.rpm on RH5.2.  I do not have
> libjpeg.so.6, and can't find it.  Can anyone help?
>
> I do have on my system:
> /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62.0.0
> /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62

I think you should take this up with Red Hat, as someone there seems to
be really messing up DLL version numbering.  My guess is that this is really
Red Hat version 2 of libjpeg6, but it is anyone's guess as to whether
they really have created an incompatible version, justifying the change
in version number, or whether this would better be described as
libjpeg.so.6.2.0 or libjpeg.so.6.0.2.

One guess is that it depends on libc.so.6 in a way that makes it
incompatible with libc.so.5 and that may be why they are claiming a
new major version number.

I think you can safely assume that there have be rather less than 56
new version of the source, and most likely none.