help on configuring to receive faxes

Hello everyone,
im a newbie on faxservers and linux... i compiled succesfully hylafax and
make install gone fine... i installed on inetd.conf the hfaxd ... and on
inittab i put this line:
mo:23:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty /dev/modem
from /var/log/messages i see this when i restart my server:
FaxGetty[289]: OPEN /dev/modem
FaxGetty[289]: MODEM SUPRA CORPORATION SupraFAXModem288/V1.200-02-V34_DS
but when i try to send a fax does not answer the modem
i tried even this:
i called by phone my fax and i typed faxanswer...then i heard the modem on
the phone
else no answer... only ring

can someone tell me what did i miss ???

TIA,