Re: problem with faxgetty + Solaris-2.6 + Magma serial ports

I think you will still see this problem with native serial ports as
well.  faxgetty is waiting in select() (really poll()) for data on the
serial line.  When it comes in, it checks the lock file that sendfax
creates. (Or perhaps a completely different application such as
kermit.) If the lock is there, it lets sendfax or whatever do its job,
otherwise it assumes its an incoming call.

However, many times, the select() doesn't trip before the other
application reads the data.  faxgetty never notices the other
application, and then never resets the modem after the other
application is done.  It seems to be a timing issue.

I have two multitechs on a Magma running Solaris-2.6 on a sparc LX.  We
mainly use these for receiving.  Generally I have good luck with the
occasional fax I send.  However, I do see the problem you are having.

For the record, here is what I'm running:

MAGMA Allin1 Sp 4.1.4

Tom Szybist
szybist@boxhill.com