Re: hylafax beta and Linux 2.2.x

>>These are the most relevant messages: (using the 2.2.9 kernel source)
>
> oh....bleeding edge ;-)   What version of glibc?

Heh... It's a RH 6.0 system, glibc-2.1.x:

[root@fax /root]# rpm -qva|grep glibc
glibc-2.1.1-6
glibc-devel-2.1.1-6

> Could you look up the prototypes of these functions, either from
> /usr/lib/stdlib.h or the man pages.  It looks like somehow hylafax has
> decided to generate its own mktemp() and mkstemp() functions which are
> conflicting with the standard ones provided by linux.

/usr/include/stdlib.h:extern char *mktemp __P ((char *__template));
/usr/include/stdlib.h:extern int mkstemp __P ((char *__template));

I guess they're external because they're defined in the library?

>>/usr/include/unistd.h:791: warning: declaration of `getpass(const char *)'
>>throws different exceptions
>
> Same as above i think, could you cut and paste the linux prototype.

/usr/include/unistd.h:extern char *getpass __P ((__const char *__prompt));

>>../port.h:25: warning: previous declaration here
>>Dispatcher.c++: In method `fxBool FdMask::anySet() const':
>>Dispatcher.c++:67: `fds_bits' undeclared (first use this function)
>>Dispatcher.c++:67: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>>Dispatcher.c++:67: for each function it appears in.)
>>Dispatcher.c++: In method `int FdMask::numSet() const':
>>Dispatcher.c++:78: confused by earlier errors, bailing out
>>make[3]: *** [Dispatcher.o] Error 1
>
> This is more serious, it seems that hylafax has assumed some stuff about
> the internals of the FD_* macros....ie how the operating system contructs
> fd_sets.   This might need rewriting.

Hmm.. Hope that's not too difficult..

> Depends on your firewall....should not normally be a problem if you are
> only running a cvs client(ie downloading the hylafax source code).  A cvs
> server is another matter and probaly would require firewall configuration.

Yes, I meant from a client perspective.. Without trying to figure out the hard
way, which ports does it use, for example?

> I am not sure if anyone has yet has tried RH 6.0, it is not available in
> Australia until next week.

I'll send you a CDROM if you need it...

Thanks,
Dave