Re: egetty

On Tue, May 11, 1999 at 09:02:47PM +1000, Keith Gray wrote:
> > You can install without vgetty and egetty, and most people do.  vgetty and
> > egetty are not specific programs but hooks for added functionality.
>
> Is this why I always get a fax answer when I want to telnet in?

Nope.

(Telnet?  I assume you mean dial...)

_That_ happens because HF is leaving your modem answering in Class 1 or
2.  If you can't force your calling modem to not send calling tones
(AT+FCLASS=0DT), then you're in trouble.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592