Re: Misc. ramblings about older USR modems

At 11:22 AM 4/21/99 -0400, you wrote:
>On Tue, Apr 20, 1999 at 08:34:39AM +0100, David Woolley wrote:
>> > One can upgrade the firmware on a US Robotics modem by going to their
website at address
>>=20
>> The modem in question is almost certainly too old to support flash
upgrading.

>I sort of figured that,but don't USR still have ways of upgrading the
>firmware on their older modems?
>
>Cheers,

The modem is too old to be flashed or upgraded using any method by the
user. USR has directed me to send the modem into their repair depot so
that the firmware can be upgraded. The new firmware is dated 8/26/96. I
have received conflicting reports on whether I should upgrade the firmware.
Is the firmware dated 8/26/96 any better than the firmware dated 10/18/95?

I am asuming the the repair depot will upgrade the firmware using an
eprom writer rather than replacing the actual eprom chip.=20

Rob

P.S., I have some additional progress to report on my project but
I haven't had the time to write it up. I will do so within the
next few days.

Thanks everyone

Rob
---
Robert Side			Voice: (250) 479 8646  =20
Acquired Intelligence Inc.	Fax:   (250) 479 0764
#205 - 1095 McKenzie Ave	Email: rside@aiinc.bc.ca
Victoria, B.C, CANADA V8P 2L5	URL: http://vvv.com/ai
Acquire=AE is a registered trademark of Acquired Intelligence Inc.