Problems with faxing multi-part mime attachments

Has anyone ever successfully faxed a multi-part email message with a
postscript attachment using the email to fax gateway?

I can use sendfax to send a simple postscript file so I know the gs
stuff is working okay. But when I use faxmail to fax a email message
with the same simple postscript file, everything comes out text,
including the ps code. I have seen many mentions of problems with this
in the mailing list archives without finding any real solution to the
problem. Am I missing something simple?

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Dave