WHFC cannot build data connection

I run Linux RedHat 4.2 with the binary distribution of HalyFAX 4.0pl2. I can
send and receive faxes
on the server without problems.

Now I want the workstations be able to connect to the FAX Server, so I
installed Whfc 1.0.4 on a Windows98
Workstation. I added to the /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts the ip-address of the
workstation which wants to connect
to HylaFAX.

Now when I start WHFC I get following meesages in the bottom status (neptune
is the server name) :

Connecting to neptune
Connected to neptune
neptune.hsc-consulting.com.au (HylaFAX(tm) Version 4.0pl2

After a while a error dialog window pops up with the message
Unable to connect to HylaFAX server

after clicking on ok, the status bar message in whfc changes to
Cannot build data connection. Network is unreachable.

I checked the FAQ's and archives, but cannot find any references. Does
anyone know what the problem could be and
how to fix it.

I can telnet to the HylaFAX Server, and can logon and get status, but when I
try to do a list I get the error
 Cannot build data connection: Connection refused.

Maybe there are some permission problems, etc.

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Horst Simon

|   Horst Simon               |