Re: Modem Problem (?) : Dr. Neuhaus CyberMod 28.8

> - HylaFax  v. 4.0p12-31
                    l  ^^^  I've never seen such a suffic on the master
                            version - sounds like an un-named binary
                            distribution.

> - SuSE LINUX 6.0, Kernel 2.0.36
> - Modem: Dr. Neuhaus CyberMod 28.8 (Dr Neuhaus LC 28.8 LI DNT
> 1175/V0.00.0680)

It would help to know what was badge engineered to produce this, or
what chipset it is built on.

> problem:
> the fax server works proberly, he sends and receives faxes, but
> unfortunaly the incomming faxes are unreadable; i think it's a problem

A session log would be most helpful here, as would a description of
unreadable.  Unreadable suggests that more was received than is the
case with the recent reports which appear to be the result of using
the wrong receive trigger for a modem.  In that case, there is the
obvious, trivial, bad phone line case, but there could also be a flow
control problem, but normally only if you are running the modem at
less than 19200 or the PC is unable to keep up with the data rate.

> with the modem configuration - but i don't know how to setup
> the modem.

Firstly find out what the modem really is, then get hold of the technical
manual for that modem (unfortunately FAX mode information is often missing
from such manuals).  Note that I have never seen a full technical manual
supplied with a modem in recent years, but USR, Rockwell and at least
one other have reasonable ones (Rockwell is more complete) on the web.