Re: gcc patch

Pete,

>  I am trying to install the patch for the gcc compiler. it is asking
> me what FILE TO PATCH. anyone done this before! i tried the file
> below with no luck.

It worked for me, though there are two different versions of the
gcc-patch set floating around that I've seen so far.

The one I had the easiest time applying is called patch-gcc-2.8.x.sh,
and itself runs "patch -p1 -V never< $0".  This means that you need to:

% zcat hylafax-v4.0pl2-tar.gz | tar xf -

% cd hylafax-v4.0pl2

% chmod +x ../patch-gcc-2.8.x.sh

% ../patch-gcc-2.8.x.sh
patching file `hfaxd/FileSystem.c++'
patching file `hfaxd/OldProtocol.c++'
patching file `util/SendFaxClient.c++'
patching file `util/SendFaxJob.c++'
patching file `util/faxconfig.c'
patching file `util/faxmodem.c'
patching file `util/faxmsg.c'
patching file `util/faxstate.c'

The older version of the gcc patch I had was not provided itself as a
shell script, and also had whitespace problems, so had to be applied
using "patch -l -p1 < ../gcc-2.8.x.patch", using an appropriate version
of the patch program.

Hope this helps,

-Mark

--