Re: WHFC login problem

Tomasz Zawalski wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've RedHat Linux 5.1 system with installed hylafax-4.0pl2-3rh5.i386.rpm
> and client stations (Windows 95) with WHFC 1.0.4. When I try to log on
> server machine I get "Incorrect password" message. In my syslog file
> appears something like that:
> Feb 18 08:47:16 pc49 HylaFAX[6787]: Login failed from cli01
> [IP.removed.by.me], faxuser
> There aren't any problems with login via telnet with the same USER/PASS.
> I think that the problem is in shadow password functionality that I've
> installed. Does anyone know what to fix this problem? Is it a problem with
> shadow password or not?
>
> Thanks for advance,
>
> Tom
>
> --
> Tomasz Zawalski            ||
> tomekz@uhc.lublin.pl       ||
> http://pc49.uhc.lublin.pl  ||

Is this an FAQ yet? (hylafax)

There is an etc/hosts file under var/spool/fax with RedHat
There is a man 4 (or 5) hosts, which will help.
If you have a telnet type login you are doing OK.
Please put the most selective entries at the top of the hosts list.

username:uid:passwd:su-passwd
hostname.....
domainname.....

etc.