HylaFAX API?

Hi,

Is there any way to "gracefully" call HylaFAX commands from within a C program
(that is, without using the system() command)?  Basically what my program does
is receive a queued message which is then sent out using HylaFAX ....  I
realize I can use system("sendfax -whatever <filename>") to send the message,
but I don't know how to tell when the fax has been successfully delivered so I
can dequeue the message.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Alan
aflen@netscape.net