Re: Out of Paper??

At 12:24 05/02/99 +0000, "David Reid" <abb37@dial.pipex.com> wrote:
>Has anyone come across a problem where after sending a fax the receiving
>fax machine stalls saying that its out of paper?  This seems to happen
>about 1 in 3 times that a fax is sent to a particular machine.

Weird. No idea.

>Also how can I adjust the margin on the left of the page so that I can read
>the first couple of characters?  I've tried adjusting everythig that seems
>to be implied form the documentation but all to no avail.

Have a look in the typerules file. Mine is in /usr/local/lib/fax. Add a
margins option to the textfmt command on the last line, such as '-Ml=1.5'
(without the quotes). If I remember correctly, RedHat binary rpm users
already have something like this.

Cheers,
Phil Watkinson,
Boston, UK.