MPS+EOP failure

Hi there,

i finally manged to set up a Hylafax 4.0 server on my SuSE-Linux 5.0 (on
i586) with an AROWANA 56k+voice modem (TI56000 chipset).
I'm using faxgetty to manage modem traffic (in- and outgoing). The only
lack the system now has is that on some outgoing faxes i get the
message:

....: REMOTE HANGUP: No response to EOP (MPS) repeated 3 times.

Is this a problem with my modem or the remote machine (i know that one
of them was a machine with fax and voice together (don't know the exact
english word :-) )).

Does the same problem appear with a modem claimed for support by Hylafax
and am i really forced to buy a supported modem?

Thanks in advance .......... Marko