Re: Re: Samba and Winfax / Hylafax

Jan Kratochvil wrote:
                             Thanks for info, Lace

> > You can send *and* receive faxes on your Unix system through HylaFAX (and HylaFAX is free)!!!
>
>   Yes, I would expect this. I'm using mgetty for in/out faxing for now.
>
> > Although we use HylaFAX in our office as a send-only system, you can receive faxes too. Let
> > HylaFAX store them as TIFF files in a SAMBA-share and look at them with with favourite
> > WIN-TIFF-viewer.
>
>   This is what I wanted to know. So in fact no more comfortable solution exists
> for now. I know that filenames can be quite descriptive but it's still not
> some integrate solution for remote fax from Win as with receive log, transmit log with
> ability to abort faxes and so on. [user-friendly]
>   It would be nice to write such beat in Java but I'm allocated and pre-allocated
> a long time from now already. :-(( Some guy there out, who ...? No, just kidding,
> I know that there isn't such, of course.
>
> > I´ll post this letter in the SAMBA-digest again, but also I´ll post it in the Hylafax-digest.
> > Some people there can surely tell you more about HylaFAX.
>
>   The best would be to download it and look at it myself but I found that someone
> experienced with it would be better (for me :-) ) to bother.

Hi,

whfc http://www.transcom.de/whfc supports in it's actual stable version
viewing faxes via samba and in the beta version viewing, using the
HylaFAX protocol, without the need of a samba share. WHFC uses an
external
viewer, so you can display and print the faxes.

Uli
--
Ulrich Eckhardt                         Tr@nscom GbR
http://people.frankfurt.netsurf.de/uli  http://www.transcom.de