RE: FW: Hylafax - faxq unable to exec faxsend

All,

I finally gave up on attempting to get the RPM to work on my RH5.2 machine.
 I have been corresponding with another person who succesfully installed
it.  In both of our cases, our configurations were created through the use
of "standard" (whatever that means) RPMs.  In tracing through and RPM query
on our respective machines, I could find not difference in libraries or
external program depended upon by Hylafax.

Consequently, I fell back to my UNIX background and compiled the program
(Damn I hate to admit this).  As far as a compile goes, it wasn't any worse
than normal.  There are about 8 patches to apply and the build works.  The
software is installed and working as documented.  It appears that it will
meet my needs.  For that, I would like to thank all of you who have been
involved in the evolution and development of Hylafax.

I'll offer the following advice for RedHat users.  IF THE DEVELOPED RPM
DOES NOT WORK AT FIRST BLUSH, ERASE IT AND COMPILE FROM SCRATCH!!!

I would like to challenge someone to take ownership of Hylafax from a Linux
perspective.  I realize that we cannot expect SGI to address since it would
be a definite conflict of interest.  I will not volunteer myself because I
am much more of a SysAdm than a programmer.  However, I will volunteer to
help with testing, documentation, and the like.

Thanks,

William